PROW Week 2 - My PROW Journal

PROW Week 2

This is my second PROW lesson! For this week, Tim made us show our songs to one another in studio C. As expected, our songs are all of different genre. But, that would only mean that we got more types of song to choose from. :) Tim said that he would like to do something different this time round. I think he don't want to limit everything to a song or an artist, I think he wanted us to explore around more, observe more and learn. He pretty much just watch over us. He tell us what he expect without giving out detail instructions such as how do we complete the tasks, and allow us to really manage it within ourselves. So our group created a What's App chat. We got our head, Soo Chee, she reminds us of where are we going, what to be done and our progress. 


While showcasing our songs, every one sat around, give comments and discuss about each other's song. I received a lot of suggestions and help to improve my songs. This week's task was to go back reflect on all the comments received and do some enhancement or changes to our song. Hopefully by next week, we would get the song chosen! :) Not only that, listening to other people's song and talking to them, I could learn a bit more about other genre. I think it's really useful for future to get expose to more types or genre of music, so that when I received a project next time, I won't miss out any opportunities just because I am not familiar with that genre. I'm a little bit glad that my group mates are not afraid to give personal opinion. By listening to them, I can learn a lot and look at stuff differently too. 



For my song, we decided to make changes to my lyrics. The whole theme of the song and some of the lines as well are quite cheesy. However, Tim encouraged me(?), he said that there is nothing wrong with it, it's feelings that girls would feel. He gave me some suggestions. He say that by changing some of the word such as from 'the' to 'my' would make everything much more personal. It would reminds the listener of that special something in their life. It kinds of make me happy thinking that my song would be able to remind people something in their life, because that's part of the reason why I like listening to music. It's kind of like time traveling. I also learn a bit more about arrangement. Tim agreed with what Pearly have said to me, that my Chord Progression contains repetitions of four triads, which makes the whole song boring. They suggested me to play around with more chords and different progression, and to add a bit of extension, which Soo Chee have decided to help me out. :) Tim reminds me that I do not have to follow the standard structure that songs are written in these days. It makes me think back on what Leon had said during song writing class. About ideas and designing something. About being a follower or not. Hopefully I can make my song better by next week! :)

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "PROW Week 2"

Post a Comment